Today I got off of work at 11 and decided to head over to Henry Ford to visit my old coworkers. Ironically driving in I realized it had been seven months exactly since I left Henry Ford for the last time (how I know this is because my grandpa died the day of my last shift at HF). When I left HF in the fall I had no clue what I was getting myself into. I was so comfortable at HF and had so many close friends. I cried the whole way to Oakwood (thats where grandpa was rushed too) and was sad for a few days after.
Today when I drove home, I had tears again. I couldn't understand why I had tears today because I love my current job and wouldn't trade it for anything. But then I was reading a post that someone had written to Adrian Payne about Princess Lacey and it is so true:
I’ve heard it said,
That people come into our lives
For a reason
Bringing something we must learn.
And we are lead to those
Who help us most to grow if we let them.
And we help them in return.
Exactly what P2 did for me. My coworkers came into my life when I was a new RN. This was my first real career job and I was starting somewhere unknown. I developed a close bond with a handful of my coworkers and that will be a bond that I remember forever.
H taught me how to prank others when they need a laugh (and of course tonight I was trying to figure out how to prank her to let her know I was there). C taught me that you can be dealt a crap assignment, be charge nurse, and still walk out of there alive in the morning (of course she was ready to kill someone on the phone tonight). D taught me to never save charting until the last minute. G taught me SOOO much, but the most important that she taught me was to remember we all have loved ones. N taught me to always smile and put family first. S taught me to get sleep before I come in. F taught me to save potassium because someone will need a replacement. I was sad after leaving these coworkers tonight but for a different reason; because they helped me become the happy nurse I am today.
I would not love my job if I was bad at it. My previous coworkers at HF have all taught me how to become a confident, team player. By utilizing everyones skills, you learn to take care of any situation thrown at you.
Thank you p2 for building my backbone and helping me to grow <3
No comments:
Post a Comment