Sunday, October 20, 2013

New Beginnings


One of my friends told me that he was proud of me for taking my passion and going after it and achieving it.  I did not really think about it like that until he had pointed it out.  3 years ago, I began nursing school because I had a passion for being around sick children, thanks to Camp Quality and Payton Cram.  I never thought that 3 years later I would be getting ready to start working at a Children’s Hospital, let alone the job of my dreams. 

Scared.

I am scared.  I am going from a place where I was so comfortable with a majority of my co-workers and my patients to an unknown place.  Will my preceptor be as nice as Stella was and allow me to learn without making me feel uncomfortable?  Will I fit in with the nurses there?  Will the kids like me?  All these questions are going through my head and although I can answer them to the best of my ability, it still causes a bit of apprehension.  However, if there is a negative aspect to it, nursing is so diverse, we can move on. 

Excited.

I am excited.  I am going from a place where I was starting to feel out of place to a hospital where there are smiles and joy.  Working on the adult oncology unit, I was feeling more sadness than excitement the past few months.  I know kids are going to be sick and it will break my heart, but most of them are going to walk out of there smiling.  Next summer when I am in the ICU’s it may be different.  But for now, I am excited to have children wanting me to go to the playroom with them, color with them, and take care of them.  

Love.

I am loved.  I have all the support in the world from family and friends.  It means a lot when you are in such a demanding profession.  You have to rely on others in many aspects of your life. 

God. 

God is on my side no matter what.  I know that I left a great job to come to an even better one because God has a plan for me.  He knows what I am good at and he wants me to contribute to the worlds work in the community where I am placed.  


Do not be afraid, for I am with you <3

No comments:

Post a Comment