Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Love makes the world go 'round

Last night I walked into a room to talk to a nurse and one of my favorite babies happened to be in there.  I have been with him a large majority of his hospital stay in the NICU and PICU and he has grown on me so much.  I figured him out and when others couldn't get him calmed down and out of his storming episodes I just cuddled and loved him and he was fine for me.  The nurse let me know that his mom hadn't been up there and that it was almost to the point where courts will chose to let him go peacefully.  I became sad because he's going to die in his crib alone....well not alone but what are the chances that the nurse will want to hold him while he passes or even has time for him?

This afternoon I was talking to my friend and told him I am probably going up to work later to hold my lil dude if he is taken off life support today so that he has someone (honestly I would adopt him if he was going to live) and an idea came to me.

Why not start a group of volunteers who is like an on call service that comes and sits with patients when they are passing away that has no family?  I know there are chaplains and clergy but sometimes they cannot be there or they are overwhelmed and budget does not allow them to be.  I would not need any money to fund this, it would just be people like you and I with hearts who care.

I am so overwhelmed already by the amount of people I know that want to help.  You truly are amazing people and I cannot wait to make this big!  It all starts with a thought.....

No comments:

Post a Comment