Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Ticking Time

Time....it just keeps ticking....

However, my schedule allows me to enjoy so much.  I realize for the second summer in a row I am able to do so much during the week, on weekends, etc because of the nursing schedule.  I am very fortunate that I make my own schedule.   I think back to Monday, I was able to wake up and overlook a lake with a beautiful golf course and network with many people while my family and friends were stuck in buildings working.  

While my friends are all working 9-5 type jobs during the week I am out enjoying the park, the beach, etc.  It is so nice to only have to schedule myself three nights a week which is even better than days because I can still do stuff during the day and work when most people are sleeping.  A nursing schedule is a gift that I will never take for granted.

Working midnights you learn to live on 2-3-4 hours of sleep.  When I am working I do not know what 6 hours of sleep is.  Therefore, it makes it easier to stay up after work and get things done if needed.  

I always dreamed of working heme onc clinic and there is a position available but I don't think I could ever go full time 5 days a week.  I really enjoy the ability to only work 3 nights a week and have 4 days/nights off!!  

I give so many people credit who work 9-5 because they miss out on a lot of events that happen during the days/weeks.  You guys truly are special people.  

No comments:

Post a Comment