"One of the happiest moments ever is when you find the courage to let go of what you cannot change"
Well, when I started this blog I had just met my ex's family and I was on top of the world. I was going to move to Miami with him and life the good life. Career, boyfriend whom we talked marriage and kids, great family....yeah well that has all changed. Have you ever faught so hard for something and then shortly after opened up your eyes and realized you shouldn't have to fight so hard for something to be happy?
I love to be adventurous and have fun. I was beginning to adapt the lifestyle of others and become unhappy because that was not the person I was. We all are different, and not one person is better than another, but we must recognize when we start to settle in a lifestyle that is not truly our own. He wanted to move away to be closer to his family (which consists of a handful, unlike mine which is well over 200+ and growing every year). I thought that sounded awesome, go move to Florida, life in the sun where you can wear shorts and flip flops almost all year round. A doctor then basically hit me in the head and said why give up so much for so little? It was true, if I moved away from here for a guy, I was giving up hundreds of friends, all the organizations that are so close to my heart, and most of all, my family who has helped me become the person I am today. Who is to say that that guy would be here the rest of my life? No one can guarantee any guy will be in my life forever, but to give up everything for so little didn't seem like a good choice.
I had a great almost two year relationship and I learned a ton but I am glad I opened my eyes and moved on. I went from being a hermit in our townhouse to moving back home and having the best summer of my life. I volunteered so much and started hanging out with people that I neglected. I have made some amazing new friends who have already taught me so much about myself. When the time is right, something great will come along.


No comments:
Post a Comment