Monday, December 16, 2013

What is your purpose?

Do you ever ask yourself what is your purpose in life?  I have been contemplating this question since July.  When I was in a relationship with Ale, it felt like it was "the one."  After many months of a boring relationship and a guy who was unable to keep up with my adventurous self, I decided to move on and focus on me.

In the past few months my focus has been children.  Every time I go to work I want to bring a child home.  I have baby fever.  The only thing is….there is no baby daddy.  I contemplate finding a sperm donor and having a child that way.  But then how do you explain to your child that you bought them off of the internet and created them that way.  Ever since I have taken care of a child that was abused, I have thought about fostering a child.  Our camp director has fostered two children and I see the love she gives this little boy and the difference she is making in his life.  

The other morning there was a little girl who was diagnosed with T-cell ALL.  She is sick.  When she woke up at 4 am crying from a stomach ache, she was all alone.  I decided to get some cinnamon toast crunch and milk and sit on her bed and talk with her while she ate.  She immediately felt better.  I asked her if I could take her for a ride.  We went down to the main lobby and sat and watched the snow fall.   She rested her head on my chest and I played with her hair.  She looked up at me and said, "I wish you were my mom.  My mom thinks that my other brothers and sisters are important but what if this is my last Christmas?  She is not even here to watch the first snow with me.  You are taking care of many kids and you find the time to make my day."  She wrapped her arms around me and I started crying immediately.

The next day the papers I inquired about for foster care over two months ago arrived.  Obviously this is a sign.  The paperwork is in process and hopefully in about 6 months I will be able to foster my first child.

Our life may not be picture perfect like we imagined at 16 years old.  However, you will figure out what you are meant to do to contribute back to this world.    

No comments:

Post a Comment